Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
al al is offline

Default Protected formula error.

Im using Excel 2003 and I have a worksheet set up for user data entry in
which all formula cells are normally locked and the worksheet password
protected to guard against the user overwriting them. When the workbook is
opened a macro sets the password for UserInterFaceOnly, since there is
another macro that changes formatting of the formula cells based on data
entry events. This all works as expected, but now I have a problem when I
want to modify the formulas.

I unprotect the worksheet, and if I try to edit or overwrite a formula I get
a dialog box that says Cell contains protected formula. I can delete the
formula but I cant edit it. If I delete it, I cant make a new entry, but I
can copy and paste anything into the cell. If I copy and paste the formula
to another cell, I still cant edit that. But if I copy it from the formula
bar and then paste it to any cell other than one of the formula cells, I can
edit it. Then I can copy and paste the edited cell back to the original
location and its still editable. However, if I do a formula bar copy and
paste back to the original location, any edits are retained, but I cant do
any further editing.

What do I have set that would cause this?

--
Al C