Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Macro Error when Sheet is Protected

I deleted a Macro that I had previously set up in a workbook. When I
password protect one of my sheets and try to click in a any locked cell on
the sheet I get an error message that the macro I deleted cannot be found. I
need to be able to protect the sheet so I hope someone can help me resolve
this.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It may be that you have code in the Worksheet_SelectionChange area that is
trying to call your deleted macro. You can check it by right clicking on the
worksheet tab, and selecting View code.

Hope this helps,
Miguel.

"Johnny" wrote:

I deleted a Macro that I had previously set up in a workbook. When I
password protect one of my sheets and try to click in a any locked cell on
the sheet I get an error message that the macro I deleted cannot be found. I
need to be able to protect the sheet so I hope someone can help me resolve
this.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I couldn't find the problem in the code. When unprotect the worksheet, I
able to click on what I want with that error message coming up. I have
hypelinks set up on that worksheet and when I protect it, every cell I click
in brings up an macro error message telling me that the macro (the one I
deleted) cannot be found.