Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I specify row height, number format upon startup of Excel?

I would like to have a set format in terms of numbering row heigt, etc. How
do I specify that so that Excel uses that default format upon startup?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Search for "default workbook" in XL Help.

In article ,
Billionaire wrote:

I would like to have a set format in terms of numbering row heigt, etc. How
do I specify that so that Excel uses that default format upon startup?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You must create your own default template for workbookand/or worksheet.

Open a new workbook. Customize as you wish.

FileSave As Type: scroll down to Excel Template(*.XLT) and select. Name your
workbook "BOOK"(no quotes). Excel will add the .XLT to save as BOOK.XLT.

Store this workbook in the XLSTART folder usually located at........

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART

This will be the default workbook for FileNew or the Toolbar button FileNew or
CTRL + n

WARNING................Do not use FileNew...Blank Workbook or you will get the
Excel default workbook.

NOTE: Existing workbooks are not affected by these settings.

You can also open a new workbook and delete all but one sheet. Customize as
you wish then save this as SHEET.XLT in XLSTART folder also. It now becomes
the default InsertSheet.

More can be found on this in Help under "templates"(no quotes).

Gord Dibben Excel MVP