Ahmad

Default CUTOFF

Dear all;
I have a small problem with this function, A column has numerical
numbers, I want to count the same numbers, please look to my example
1
1
1
2
2
1
3
3
3
2
1
1
3
2
2
The results in this form
1=3 rows
2=3 rows
3=2 rows
thank you
Rob

Hi Ahmad,
Not sure if I'm clear on what you want as I counted 6 rows with the number
1. The others weren't right either.

However, I think what you need is this formula (1 for each number you want
to count).
=COUNTIF($A$1:$A$15,1)
=COUNTIF($A$1:$A$15,2)
=COUNTIF($A$1:$A$15,3)
(Assuming your data is in A1 to A15.)

That will give you the count but if you want it to appear as
1=6 Rows, etc., you will need to format each cell as Custom using the
following as appropriate:
1=0 "rows".
2=0 "rows"
3=0 "rows"

Rob

"Ahmad" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Debra Dalgleish

If you want to count how many groups of 1's, 2's, etc. there a

Start the numbers in row 2, or below (use row 1 for headings,
or leave it blank)
With the first number in A2, enter the following formula in B2:
=IF(A2=OFFSET(A2,-1,0),0,1)
Copy the formula down to the last row of data

In another column, enter the list of unique numbers. For example in D2:D4:
1
2
3
In the adjacent column, enter a formula that refers to the long list of
numbers, and to the unique list. For example, in E2:
=SUMIF($A$2:$A$16,D2,$B$2:$B$16)

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Ahmad

"Ahmad" wrote in message
[...]

Dear Rob;
My data A1:A15, my question about how many rows have the same numbers
for example A1:A3 has the same number (1) we say this is one row
becuase its continouse, A6 has number 1 this is one row and A11:A12
has the same numbers (1) my results should be number one has 3 row.
you can apply this method to number 2 and 3