Ahmad

Dear Debra;
Thank you for your help you made as you need.

Good luck
Debra Dalgleish wrote in message ...
If you want to count how many groups of 1's, 2's, etc. there a

Start the numbers in row 2, or below (use row 1 for headings,
or leave it blank)
With the first number in A2, enter the following formula in B2:
=IF(A2=OFFSET(A2,-1,0),0,1)
Copy the formula down to the last row of data

In another column, enter the list of unique numbers. For example in D2:D4:
1
2
3
In the adjacent column, enter a formula that refers to the long list of
numbers, and to the unique list. For example, in E2:
=SUMIF($A$2:$A$16,D2,$B$2:$B$16)
Copy the formula down to the last row of data

Ahmad wrote:
Dear all;
I have a small problem with this function, A column has numerical
numbers, I want to count the same numbers, please look to my example
1
1
1
2