Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Text to columns by any number (not $)?

I need to find a way to do "text to columns" by any number and not by $. The
$ sign worked except for some of my numbers do not have $ signs.

Any idea's?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Okay - This is what I need to do:

When I do text to columns by tab my column shows as this:

215-900-8907
1000.00

I need to move every second row to the right and move the rows up. Like this:

Column A Column B
215-900-8907 1000.00

I tried a macro but am unsure how to specify the whole document.

Range("B2,B4,B6,B8,B10,B12,B14").Select
Range("B14").Activate
Selection.Insert Shift:=xlToRight
Cells.Select
Cells.EntireColumn.AutoFit
Range("C1:F1").Select
Selection.Delete Shift:=xlUp
End Sub

Any idea's?

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

Not possible

Peo Sjoblom

"Tammy" wrote in message
I need to find a way to do "text to columns" by any number and not by $.
The
$ sign worked except for some of my numbers do not have $ signs.

Any idea's?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can use a formula for that, assume the values start in A2 and you want
A3 to be in B2, A5 in B3. Use 2 columns as help, first in B2 put

=INDEX($A$2:$A$10000,ROW(1:1)*4/2-1)

copy down as long as needed

now in C2 put

=INDEX($A$2:$A$10000,ROW(1:1)*4/2)

copy down by moving the cursor to the lower right corner of C2 and double
click

Select both help column and do editcopy

then do editpaste special and select values

Now you can delete column A or better copy the 2 help columns to another
sheet or workbook

That way you would have the original data left

Peo Sjoblom

"Tammy" wrote in message
Okay - This is what I need to do:

When I do text to columns by tab my column shows as this:

215-900-8907
1000.00

I need to move every second row to the right and move the rows up. Like
this:

Column A Column B
215-900-8907 1000.00

I tried a macro but am unsure how to specify the whole document.

Range("B2,B4,B6,B8,B10,B12,B14").Select
Range("B14").Activate
Selection.Insert Shift:=xlToRight
Cells.Select
Cells.EntireColumn.AutoFit
Range("C1:F1").Select
Selection.Delete Shift:=xlUp
End Sub

Any idea's?

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

Not possible

Peo Sjoblom

"Tammy" wrote in message
I need to find a way to do "text to columns" by any number and not by $.
The
$ sign worked except for some of my numbers do not have $ signs.

Any idea's?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Dear Peo,
u are really genius. I salute.

"Tammy" wrote in message
Okay - This is what I need to do:

When I do text to columns by tab my column shows as this:

215-900-8907
1000.00

I need to move every second row to the right and move the rows up. Like
this:

Column A Column B
215-900-8907 1000.00

I tried a macro but am unsure how to specify the whole document.

Range("B2,B4,B6,B8,B10,B12,B14").Select
Range("B14").Activate
Selection.Insert Shift:=xlToRight
Cells.Select