Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Auto Populate Data from cell to another sell in differant sheets

I am working in a book with differant sheets, most the the data is the same
on 3 sheets that I am working on. Can I set up a formula or action so that
the data I type in one sheet in one cell can auto populate into the other 3
sheets in certain cells?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Just reference the cell in the first sheet in all the others.

if the value is in cell A1 in Sheet1 the following would do the trick:
=Sheet1!A1

Any change to the value in cell A1 of Sheet1 would be reflected automatically.
--
Kevin Backmann

"KrazyAmg" wrote:

I am working in a book with differant sheets, most the the data is the same
on 3 sheets that I am working on. Can I set up a formula or action so that
the data I type in one sheet in one cell can auto populate into the other 3
sheets in certain cells?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Enter this formula in A1 of Sheet2:

=IF(Sheet1!A1="","",Sheet1!A1)

You can also put the same formula in Sheet3 and Sheet4. The formula
can be copied to any other cell to bring the appropriate data from
Sheet1 (but not any formatting you might have set up on Sheet1).

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Oct 12, 6:39 pm, KrazyAmg
wrote:
I am working in a book with differant sheets, most the the data is the same
on 3 sheets that I am working on. Can I set up a formula or action so that
the data I type in one sheet in one cell can auto populate into the other 3
sheets in certain cells?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Auto Populate Data from cell to another sell in differant shee

thank you for your responce, I can do multiple cells at one time or would I
have to do this one at a time?