Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default blank cell

I would like to find a blank cell in an area (a1:bb100). I would also like
the cursor to move to that cell. Is this possible using a formula?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you select the the data range (A1:BB100) and then press F5. In the Go To
dialog box click the SPECIAL and in the list of options click the BLANKS
option button.

This selects all the blanks in the selected range.
--
Kevin Backmann

"DL9998" wrote:

I would like to find a blank cell in an area (a1:bb100). I would also like
the cursor to move to that cell. Is this possible using a formula?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select the range
Use Edit : Go To ; click the Special button and specify Blanks; press OK
All blank cells are selected
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"DL9998" wrote in message
I would like to find a blank cell in an area (a1:bb100). I would also like
the cursor to move to that cell. Is this possible using a formula?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Not using a formula. Formulas return values. They don't move to other cells.

But you could use:
edit|goto|Special|Blanks
and you'll have all the blanks in that range selected.
Then you could just click on the cell to select a single cell.

DL9998 wrote:

I would like to find a blank cell in an area (a1:bb100). I would also like
the cursor to move to that cell. Is this possible using a formula?

--

Dave Peterson