Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default excel 2007 and creating duplicate rows in a spreadsheet?

okay, I have a question for the experts here. I have a spreadsheet that
consists of over 247000 rows. Each row contains a series of cells with the
values of coordinates (and in this case, the meridian, range township and
section). I need to duplicate every row in the spreadsheet so that I end up
with a copy of each row (so two values of each meridian, range, township and
section) in the spread sheet, as I need to have the north east values and
then the south east values. Thus I would end up with a spreadsheet such as
the following:

meridian range township section secton corner lat long
01 01 121 1 NE 58 101
01 01 121 1 SE 56 101
01 02 130 1 NE 45 101
01 02 130 1 SE 46 101

so from what you can see, I would have 01, 01, 121, 1 for the first
meridian, range, township and section for the north east corner in the
spreadsheet already, and I need to duplicate the row (so I have a second set
of numbers the same) for the se section corner and do this again and again
until I have all 247000 rows duplicated in the spreadsheet.

My second problem is then to add the latitue and longitude values into the
spreadsheet which are coming from two text files that I can load into excel
and then I need to duplicate these values.

Can someone tell me the fastest way to duplicate every second row and then
insert two sets of values from two different text files?

Edward Letendre
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Just a suggestion for the first portion.

Insert a new column A.
Fill A1:A247000 with a formula: =row()
Convert this to values (edit|copy, edit|paste special values)

Select Rows 1:247000
edit|copy
Select A247001
edit|Paste

You now have two copies (out of order) of your data)

Select the whole range (all 594000 rows)
and sort by column A.
Delete column A

I don't have a suggestion for the second portion.

--

Dave Peterson