Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tj tj is offline

Default Number of rows in Excel 2007 worksheets

In Excel 2007 worksheets, I could only see 65,536 rows (and columes to "IV").
The limit of the number of rows is over one million according to the
description of the new version. How do I set the number of rows to that
number? Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Save as Excel Workbook. That will give it the file extension .xlsx. Close and re-open. Now you have the new limits.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"TJ" wrote in message ...
| In Excel 2007 worksheets, I could only see 65,536 rows (and columes to "IV").
| The limit of the number of rows is over one million according to the
| description of the new version. How do I set the number of rows to that
| number? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In Excel 2007, when you open a workbook created by an earlier version of
Excel, you will see "Compatibility Mode" in the title bar. If the preceding
version of Excel
has 256 columns and 16,384 rows, Excel 2007 keeps that for that workbook so
it will be compatible with the previous version of Excel. To increase the
rows and columns, do as Niek Otten says and save the workbook as an Excel
2007 workbook and reopen it

Tyro

"TJ" wrote in message
In Excel 2007 worksheets, I could only see 65,536 rows (and columes to
"IV").
The limit of the number of rows is over one million according to the
description of the new version. How do I set the number of rows to that
number? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tj tj is offline

Thank you both Neik and Tyro! Before I posted this question, I have tried
this yesterday and it didn't work right away since I didn't close and re-open
the file.