Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default LOOKUP FORMULA

This is my formula, it is returning a #VALUE error. I am trying to calculate
information in colum I if it falls between the first of the month and 15th of
the month.

=LOOKUP("'ROCKY POINT REVENUE'!1/10/2007:15/10/2007",'ROCKY POINT
REVENUE'!I42:I1234)

Can anyone help????
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The value you are looking for in the array 'ROCKY POINT REVENUE'!I42:I1234
is the text string
"'ROCKY POINT REVENUE'!1/10/2007:15/10/2007".
It's a text string because you've enclosed it in quotes.

You may need to be clearer about exactly what you are trying to achieve. Do
you have dates in column I? What do you want to do when those dates fall
between 1st & 15th of Oct?
--
David Biddulph

"KeK23" wrote in message
This is my formula, it is returning a #VALUE error. I am trying to
calculate
information in colum I if it falls between the first of the month and 15th
of
the month.

=LOOKUP("'ROCKY POINT REVENUE'!1/10/2007:15/10/2007",'ROCKY POINT
REVENUE'!I42:I1234)

Can anyone help????

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What are you trying to calculate?

Are the dates in Column I?
Are you trying to *count* the ones that meet your criteria?
Are there values in adjoining columns that should enter into the
calculations?

Need more info!

RD

"KeK23" wrote in message
This is my formula, it is returning a #VALUE error. I am trying to
calculate
information in colum I if it falls between the first of the month and 15th
of
the month.

=LOOKUP("'ROCKY POINT REVENUE'!1/10/2007:15/10/2007",'ROCKY POINT
REVENUE'!I42:I1234)

Can anyone help????

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

David,

The dates are in ROCKY POINT REVENUE column B and the weights of material
are in ROCKY POINT REVENUE column I. Also where the material comes from is
in ROCKY POINT REVENUE column J (18 different possible locations). I am
trying to sum the weights of material in C4:C21 by suppier on a seperate
worksheet (REPORTS) for those materials that are delivered between the 1st of
the month and the 15th of the month so I can invoice customers mid month. I
hope this explains a little better.

"KeK23" wrote in message
This is my formula, it is returning a #VALUE error. I am trying to
calculate
information in colum I if it falls between the first of the month and 15th
of
the month.

=LOOKUP("'ROCKY POINT REVENUE'!1/10/2007:15/10/2007",'ROCKY POINT
REVENUE'!I42:I1234)

Can anyone help????

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The dates are in ROCKY POINT REVENUE column B and the weights of material are
in ROCKY POINT REVENUE column I. Also where the material comes from is in
ROCKY POINT REVENUE column J (18 different possible locations). I am trying
to sum the weights of material in REPORTS C4:C21 by suppier on a seperate