John J.

Default Trying to open a file and receiving this error.

Trying to open a file. It was working fine yesterday. Today, I am receiving
this error,'CheckRegistry.xls' cannot be accessed. This maybe read-only, or
you may be trying to access a read only location. Or, the server the document
is stored on may not be responding. This file is on a floppy disk. It is not
a read only file. I'm using Excel 2002 on Windows XP Service Pack 2 and this
is the first time I've received this error.

Peo Sjoblom

Did you open and save the file while on the floppie, then you might have a
corrupted file.
NEVER EVER work on files while on a removable media like floppies, zip
drives or CDs.
Only use them to transport or store files.
Try to copy the file to your HDD, then try to open it. Try to open it with
Excel 2003 which has
had some success with corrupted files, finally if possible download Open
Office and try to open it from there.
If these don't work you are probably out of luck

Peo Sjoblom