Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Import text file into Excel 2007 then copy sheet to another workbo

I have been importing text file into Excel 2007 by using Open command. This
works fine, but when I try to copy the sheet to any other workbook, I am
getting a message to say there are too many rows and columns to carry out the
operation. The text file has several hundred rows, but when opened in Excel,
the workbook has 1048576 rows instead of the standard 65536. This means
that it will not copy to a workbook with the standard number. Is there a way
round this? I do realise I can copy and paste, but would like to know the
answer to the copy sheet question if possible.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Import text file into Excel 2007 then copy sheet to another wo

Unfortunately that's not worked. My default settings in Excel were already
for saving in the older .xls format, but also did a save as 97-2003 and no
improvement.