Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Dynamic Range Names / Charting

I have an auto calculator for waterfall charts in excel. I paste this data
into a PPT datasheet to create the chart. I manually key in the total figure
for the last column bar.
I want this to be automatic within excel by using existing calculator &
dynamic range names. I can do most of this except for the last column bar for
the total figure. This is a variable depending on how many subjects are in
the chart. The calculator does generate this figure as it is the last entry
plus a cumulative add-up. I cannot figure out how to include in the dynamic
name range since it is only one figure and needs to be plotted on the chart
as the last data piece to complete the chart.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You need a set of ranges with the same number of entries. The last series
has only a value in the last position, while the other series have no value
in this position. The dynamic names can take this into account.

Is this the kind of Waterfall chart you mean:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Waterfall.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP