Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Is time series analysis available in Excel 2003?

I would like to build a time series model on economic indices. Is time series
analysis available in the toolpak or by some other means?

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

tquakenbush -

What happens if you browse to Google and search for "excel time series
analysis" (without the quotes) ?

Excel's Analysis ToolPak has tools for Regression and Moving Average.

Regression and worksheet formulas can be used for time series analysis.

Chapter 20 (Time Series Seasonality) of my book, Data Analysis Using
Microsoft Excel, has three methods for modeling seasonality: regression
using indicator variables, autoregression, and classical time series
decomposition.

- Mike Middleton
http://www.DecisionToolworks.com
Decision Analysis Add-ins for Excel

"tquakenbush" wrote in message
I would like to build a time series model on economic indices. Is time
series
analysis available in the toolpak or by some other means?

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Many of the 'hits' lead to websites with add-ins for sale or other types of
software similar to yours. Maybe a bit to ambitious but I was hoping that
Excel already had analysis tools that allowed you to designate the input data
and then model information (e.g. ARIMA(1,1), etc.). Analogous to the
Regression tool that allows you to input the range for the dependant and
independent variable and whether you want to force the regression thru the
origin or not.

It seems that which I'm describing is not already packaged in Excel and that
is why there is a market for this type of add-in. Is your book available as a
download?

"Mike Middleton" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

tquakenbush -

As far as I know, my book is not available as a download. And, my book does
not cover ARIMA.

- Mike