Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default is it possible to hide zero sums

in a nonpivot table, I am trying just to hide the number zero sums. (not the
row or column.)

ideas?

TIA
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

formatconditional formattingformula is font same as background

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Sundew Chocobo" wrote in message
in a nonpivot table, I am trying just to hide the number zero sums. (not
the
row or column.)

ideas?

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Tools--Options--View check off Zero Values. You could also
incorporate an If statement into a formula, if you are only trying to
hide the 0s for formulated cells.
=IF(M5-M4=0,"",M5-M4)

Sundew Chocobo wrote:
in a nonpivot table, I am trying just to hide the number zero sums. (not the
row or column.)

ideas?

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can't "hide" a cell the way you can hide a row or column, but you can
make it appear blank.

Option 1: Wrap your formula in an if statement like this...
=IF(SUM(data)=0,"",SUM(data))

Option 2: Make a custom number format that outputs nothing for zero values.
highlight the cells in question
select format-cells-number tab
under "category" click on "custom"
enter the following under "type"
General;-General;;@

"Sundew Chocobo" wrote:

in a nonpivot table, I am trying just to hide the number zero sums. (not the
row or column.)

ideas?

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The solution you choose will depend on how you want the zeroes to
affect other functions.

Option 1 is suitable if you want average function to ignore zero sum.
Option 2 is what you need to include the zeroes in AVERAGE(). Also,
COUNT() will omit blanks but include zeroes.

"Sundew Chocobo" wrote:
in a nonpivot table, I am trying just to hide the number zero sums. (not the
row or column.)

ideas?

TIA- Hide quoted text -