Ann Shaw

Default Formula

I have a spreadsheet that has dates intact from 2004
How could I change the dates to show the same date for
2005.

Example:

Day Date Name Task
Sat 11/3/2004 Joe Bloggs Sales
Sat 18/3/2004 Ben Dunne Testing

I would like the same sheet to show in column B which
holds date, to show the Sat date exactly 1 year later 2005
Peo Sjoblom

If all dates are numeric dates and they are all 2004 dates, put 366 in a
cell, copy it, select all dates <= Feb 29 2004 and do
editpaste special and select add, reformat as dates because you will
probably get a serial number. Put 365 in a cell, copy it and select all
dates = Mar 01 2004 and repeat. Or use a help formula

=DATE(YEAR(B1)+1,MONTH(B1),DAY(B1))

copy as much as needed, select and copy and paste special as values, note
that a date like Feb 29 2004 will be
Mar 01 2005, if you want Feb 28 2005 edit that particular date or add 365
days to it

Peo Sjoblom

"Ann Shaw" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet that has dates intact from 2004
How could I change the dates to show the same date for
2005.

Example:

Day Date Name Task
Sat 11/3/2004 Joe Bloggs Sales
Sat 18/3/2004 Ben Dunne Testing

I would like the same sheet to show in column B which
holds date, to show the Sat date exactly 1 year later 2005

Gord Dibben

Ann

11/03/2004 was a Thursday.

How did you get Saturday?

That date exactly 1 year later will be a Friday.

Do you mean the closest Saturday or the actual weekday 1 year later?

See Peo's reply.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP