Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Closing Excel with Personal Macro Workbook

Hi -

I am using Excel 2003 SP2 and just created a personal macro workbook.
The workbook is saved in the XLSTART folder. Everytime I close Excel,
it prompts me to save the workbook. Is there anyway I can stop this
from happening everytime I close Excel?

I searched previous postings on this subject and the few things I
found did not work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Stephen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

wrote in message

ps.com...

Hi -

I am using Excel 2003 SP2 and just created a personal macro workbook.
The workbook is saved in the XLSTART folder. Everytime I close Excel,
it prompts me to save the workbook. Is there anyway I can stop this
from happening everytime I close Excel?

I searched previous postings on this subject and the few things I
found did not work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Stephen- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for the suggestion.

I do not have any formulas like that. As a test, I removed by
personal macro file and created a new one with one simple macro (no
formulas) and had the same result.

Any other ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Does it open unhidden and you set it to hidden?

That will give you the prompt.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 08 Oct 2007 18:00:52 -0700, wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion.

I do not have any formulas like that. As a test, I removed by
personal macro file and created a new one with one simple macro (no
formulas) and had the same result.

Any other ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Oct 8, 7:26 pm, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca wrote:
Does it open unhidden and you set it to hidden?

That will give you the prompt.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 08 Oct 2007 18:00:52 -0700, wrote:
Thanks for the suggestion.

I do not have any formulas like that. As a test, I removed by
personal macro file and created a new one with one simple macro (no
formulas) and had the same result.

Any other ideas?- Hide quoted text -

No, the file opens hidden and I try to close it the same way.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi -

I was wondering if anyone else has any suggestions for my issue
below. I've tried the suggestions so far without any luck.

I am using Excel 2003 SP2 and just created a personal macro workbook.
The workbook is saved in the XLSTART folder. Everytime I close
Excel,
it prompts me to save the workbook. Is there anyway I can stop this
from happening everytime I close Excel?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'm having the exact same problem.....any ideas out there?

Thanks!!