Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Can you sort data on one worksheet into many worksheets?

I need to know if you can sort data from one sheet onto many? This will help
me SO much at work... Please help!! Thank you!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bj bj is offline

I really do not know what you are asking, example please

"Chiggy" wrote:

I need to know if you can sort data from one sheet onto many? This will help
me SO much at work... Please help!! Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Personally, I wouldn't separate my data this way.

I'd apply data|filter|autofilter to that range and use the dropdown arrows to
show the info that I was interested in.

But if you want...

Ron de Bruin's EasyFilter addin:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm

Code from Debra Dalgleish's site:

Create New Sheets from Filtered List -- uses an Advanced Filter to create
separate sheet of orders for each sales rep visible in a filtered list; macro
automates the filter. AdvFilterRepFiltered.xls 35 kb

Update Sheets from Master -- uses an Advanced Filter to send data from
Master sheet to individual worksheets -- replaces old data with current.
AdvFilterCity.xls 55 kb

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Okay, I receive an invoice for work in Excel format that needs to be sorted
into departments and has to be distributed to several people. I need to know
if the data on the one worksheet can be sorted into separate worksheets for
each department.... Hope that makes sense...