Evelyne

Default How do I sort data from various worksheets in the same workbook i.

I have a workbook with 30 lines per worksheet. I need to be able to sort the
data from each line below the headers from all three worksheets. Any ideas?
JulieD

Hi Evelyne

you mean on worksheet 1 you have
...........A
1.....mouse
2.....cat
3....dog

and on sheet 2 you have
..........A
1....rabbit
2....elephant
3....rat

do you want - sheet 1 to have
.........A
1...cat
2...dog
3...mouse

or sheet 1 to have
........A
1...cat
2...dog
3...elephant
???

if it's the first one, perform a sort on each sheet
if it's the second one, sort of combining the three sheets into one, sorting
them and then splitting them back to three sheets - the only way i know that
you can achieve this is to use a macro / code - is this an option that
you'ld consider?

Cheers
JulieD

"Evelyne" wrote in message
I have a workbook with 30 lines per worksheet. I need to be able to sort
the
data from each line below the headers from all three worksheets. Any
ideas?

Evelyne

Dear JulieD,

Yes, it's actually the latter example that I mean ... I need to have the
three worksheets sorted so that the desending order is from page one through
page three, i.e. page one would have

1...cat
2...dog
3...elephant

page two would have

1...ferret
2...mouse
3...rat

I've not done macro/codes befoe. Any suggestions?

Thanks, E :-)

"Evelyne" wrote in message
I have a workbook with 30 lines per worksheet. I need to be able to sort
the
data from each line below the headers from all three worksheets. Any
ideas?

JulieD

Hi

okay need a bit more info
1) why do they need to be on separate sheets?
2) assuming they do need to be on separate sheets you say that each sheet
has a header and then the data - what is the header range, what is the data
range ..for each sheet
3) are these ranges constant - ie next time you come to do it will the
header or data ranges grown or shrunk?

--
Cheers
JulieD

"Evelyne" wrote in message
I have a workbook with 30 lines per worksheet. I need to be able to
sort
the
data from each line below the headers from all three worksheets. Any
ideas?

Evelyne

Hello-

Well, it's a series of requesition orders (RO) that must be sorted by the RO
number. Each header label on each worksheet is the same - they are only 30
lines per page so that at the end of each month they can be viewed easily
(otherwise the list would be so long that the totals at the bottom would be
too hard to locate for the end user). Eventually more worksheets will be
added as the year progresses. The issue is that the RO numbers are issued in
order as the cars come in for work, but the jobs are not completed in order
(auto body shop work) so they are not filled in on an orderly basis.

I would be happy to forward a copy of the template, if it's easier to see?

E :-)