Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default will a macro transfer to another computer if I e-mail the file?

I have an 11 page spreadsheet to distribute to others in our condo association
The workbook has a macro to convert printing from letter to legal and back.
The macro does not transfer to the other computers.
Is there a way to make this happen?
Thank You
Duane Platt
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

My best guess is that the security on the other computers is set to high.
Have them set it to medium and when prompted they should select enable
macros...

Tools|Macros|Security - Medium
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Duplatt" wrote:

I have an 11 page spreadsheet to distribute to others in our condo association
The workbook has a macro to convert printing from letter to legal and back.
The macro does not transfer to the other computers.
Is there a way to make this happen?
Thank You
Duane Platt

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Jim - I did some further research based on your Security suggestion.
It seems that I need a Certified Digital Certificate to transfer macros from
one computer to another. I can certify myself to deactivate the "allow macro"
flag but, it only works on the host computer. It was worth the try. Thanks
again
Duane