Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default in excel, how do i remove quotes from column of 700 names

I am working in an excel spread sheet with data that I imported. The import
put an entire column of date in quotation marks and I would like to remove
them. all at once and not one by one. How, prey tell, can I do that?

Thanks...
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: in excel, how do i remove quotes from column of 700 names

  1. Select the column of names that you want to remove the quotes from.
  2. Press Ctrl + H on your keyboard to open the Find and Replace dialog box.
  3. In the "Find what" field, type in a single quote mark (') or double quote mark (") depending on which type of quotes are surrounding your names.
  4. Leave the "Replace with" field blank.
  5. Click on the "Replace All" button.

This should remove all the quotes from your column of names at once. If you have any other columns with quotes that you want to remove, you can repeat the above steps for each column.
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

One way:

Select the column. Choose Edit/Replace

Replace what: "
Replace with: <blank

Click Replace All

In article ,
Ayoaka wrote:

I am working in an excel spread sheet with data that I imported. The import
put an entire column of date in quotation marks and I would like to remove
them. all at once and not one by one. How, prey tell, can I do that?

Thanks...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bj bj is offline

select the column
edit-replace enter a quote mark in find
enter nothing in replace
select replace all

"Ayoaka" wrote:

I am working in an excel spread sheet with data that I imported. The import
put an entire column of date in quotation marks and I would like to remove
them. all at once and not one by one. How, prey tell, can I do that?

Thanks...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi there, thanks so much for the info. One more question though. Where am I
choosing this edit/replace from? I tried the edit located next to file and
I'm not seeing any of the options you indicated.

Ayoaka wrote:

I am working in an excel spread sheet with data that I imported. The import
put an entire column of date in quotation marks and I would like to remove
them. all at once and not one by one. How, prey tell, can I do that?

Thanks...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

OMG! I figured it out, but not without your help! Thank you! You saved me
tons of time!

I really appreciate it!!