Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Remove Names from .xls

My spreadsheet has many formulae with Names. I want to view the sheet with
the actual cell references instead of Names .. how to?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,
I've never tried this but it says it will do exactly what you want.

Check out about the info half way down (or [ctrl + F] "unapply names")
on the webpage below & then download the free trial:
http://www.j-walk.com/ss/pup/pup6/features.htm

hth
Rob Brockett
NZ
Alway's learning & the best way to learn is to experience...

--
broro183
broro183's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30068

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I did this for a client recently. Essentially you need to make a list of the
names and a list of the refers to and then replace each. Somewhat involved
but the proper macros can do it.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Bharath Rajamani" wrote in
message ...
My spreadsheet has many formulae with Names. I want to view the sheet with
the actual cell references instead of Names .. how to?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'd do this against a copy of the file...

Jim Rech posted a nice response at:
http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...%40tkmsftngp03

From: Jim Rech )
Subject: Can I "De-Name" Formula Cell References?
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.excel.misc, microsoft.public.excel
Date: 2001-02-16 13:32:51 PST

To do it to a cell or two first turn on Transition Formula Entry under
Tools, Options, Transition. Then go to the cell and press F2 and Enter.
When you turn off TFE the formula references should be de-named.

If you have a lot of cells to de-name select the range and run this macro:

Sub Dename()
Dim Cell As Range
ActiveSheet.TransitionFormEntry = True
For Each Cell In Selection.SpecialCells(xlFormulas)
Cell.Formula = Cell.Formula
Next
ActiveSheet.TransitionFormEntry = False

Jim Rech
Excel MVP

====
Be aware that any reference to those names in your code will be broken.

======
You may want to get Jan Karel Pieterse's (with Charles Williams and Matthew
Henson) Name Manager:

You can find it at:
NameManager.Zip from http://www.oaltd.co.uk/mvp

It might make it so you want to keep the names!

Bharath Rajamani wrote:

My spreadsheet has many formulae with Names. I want to view the sheet with
the actual cell references instead of Names .. how to?

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you want a list of Range names (i.e. where a name has been defined for a
cell)
Got to a blank area or open a new sheet
Click on <Insert<Name<Paste<Paste List

Regards.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions

"Bharath Rajamani" wrote in
message ...
My spreadsheet has many formulae with Names. I want to view the sheet with
the actual cell references instead of Names .. how to?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

or
Sub listnames()
Application.Calculation = xlManual
For Each n In ThisWorkbook.Names
lr = Cells(Rows.Count, "a").End(xlUp).Row + 1
Cells(lr, 1) = n.Name
Cells(lr, 2) = n
Next
Application.Calculation = xlAutomatic