Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel is slower in deleting column in one computer than another

I have Dell Dimension 8400 with 3GB RAM and Dell Inspiron 9200.
I noticed that some formatted columns or rows take much longer to delete
formatted using desktop EXCEL 2003
I have a test sheet with one column (A) and 53,000 rows of data. It takes 60
seconds to delete this column A in Dimension 8400 while Inspiron 9200 does it
in one second. If I use only unformatted values then 8400 is faster but 9200
does it fast in each way.

Both computers have the same EXCEL 2003 versions and setups are the same.

I have tried everything, uninstalled and reinstalled my Office 2003 on
Dimension 8400, run diagnostics on my desktop and there were no problems,
etc. etc.

I am stymied, tried all things reported on internet regarding EXCEL slowness
but
nothing worked.

Any ideas
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try deleting all files in the Windows Temp file...
Start | Run | %Temp%
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Olli"
wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel is slower in deleting column in one computer than anothe

Thanks Jim for a response

Had tried this as well and it made no difference. Tried again but still slow.

Olli