Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pop up message on Worksheet

Hope I can get some help, I have searched and found some questions and
answers on this subject but its not quite what I'm looking for.

I'll try to explain it, I have a spreadsheet with a number of worksheets
which are all hidden, when you open up the spreadsheet the main page you see
has a few control buttons which take you to different worksheets and vice
versa, what I want to happen is when you click on a button that worksheet
opens and a pop up message or box appears on that worksheet, you then read it
and press OK to close it and carry on in that worksheet.

I hope this is easy to follow, any help would be much appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Here is what you can do:
Use your existing button to open another worksheet. In VBA there is an
option that will allow you to display a message that you want. If you are
opennig another file then you need to use the 'on open' functionality. If you
are just moving from sheet to sheet you would need to use 'on acrivation'
finftion

hope this helps
igorek

"Tommo" wrote:

Hope I can get some help, I have searched and found some questions and
answers on this subject but its not quite what I'm looking for.

I'll try to explain it, I have a spreadsheet with a number of worksheets
which are all hidden, when you open up the spreadsheet the main page you see
has a few control buttons which take you to different worksheets and vice
versa, what I want to happen is when you click on a button that worksheet
opens and a pop up message or box appears on that worksheet, you then read it
and press OK to close it and carry on in that worksheet.

I hope this is easy to follow, any help would be much appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
I think you are talking about a message box.
add this like of code to your button code.
msgbox("this is a message.")
enter what ever message you need.
if its a lengthy message then do this...
MsgBox ("this is part of the message" & vbNewLine _
& "and this is the rest.")

regards
FSt1

"Tommo" wrote:

Hope I can get some help, I have searched and found some questions and
answers on this subject but its not quite what I'm looking for.

I'll try to explain it, I have a spreadsheet with a number of worksheets
which are all hidden, when you open up the spreadsheet the main page you see
has a few control buttons which take you to different worksheets and vice
versa, what I want to happen is when you click on a button that worksheet
opens and a pop up message or box appears on that worksheet, you then read it
and press OK to close it and carry on in that worksheet.

I hope this is easy to follow, any help would be much appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks guys for your quick response, played around and eventually got it
working how I wanted it to, I created a new userform3 and put the following in

Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()
UserForm3.Show
End Sub