Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How can I paste a column upside down?

When I copy a column, how can I paste a column upside down?
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How can I paste a column upside down?

To paste a column upside down in Microsoft Excel, you can follow these steps:
  1. First, select the column that you want to copy.
  2. Right-click on the selected column and choose "Copy" or use the shortcut key "Ctrl + C".
  3. Next, select the cell where you want to paste the upside-down column.
  4. Right-click on the selected cell and choose "Paste Special" or use the shortcut key "Ctrl + Alt + V".
  5. In the "Paste Special" dialog box, select the "Transpose" option.
  6. Click on "OK" to paste the column upside down.

Alternatively, you can also use the "Transpose" function to paste a column upside down. Here's how:
  1. First, select the cell range where you want to paste the upside-down column.
  2. Type
    Code:
    =TRANSPOSE(
    in the formula bar.
  3. Select the column that you want to copy and press "Enter".
  4. The column will be pasted upside down in the selected cell range.
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Sufian,

You can't do that in the paste operation, you need to Sort the column
after it is pasted. If the column is already in an ascending or descending
order, simply highlight the data, go to DataSort and check sort ascending
or descending.

If the data is fluctuating you will need to insert a helper column next to
it,
put 1 in the first cell, 2 in the second, then highlight both cells, grab
the
fill handle and drag down to the end of your data.

Highlight both columns and go to DataSort select the helper column
from the pulldown and check either ascending or descending.

You can delete the helper column when you finish.

HTH
Martin

"Sufian" wrote in message
When I copy a column, how can I paste a column upside down?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Fill an adjacent column with consecutive numbers.
Sort the data column and the numbers column descending,
using the numbers column as the key.
Copy the data column and paste it.
Sort the numbers column and the data column ascending.
Clear the numbers column.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Sufian"
When I copy a column, how can I paste a column upside down?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you know the last cell row number in column A just enter this in B1 and
doubleclick on the fill handle of B1.

=INDEX($A$1:$A$120,120-(ROW(A1)-1))

Adjust 120 in both cases to your last row number.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP