Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Calendar

I have a spreadsheet and wanted to know is there a way to add a button that
once clicked it opens a calendar that you can select date. I have a start
and end date box.

Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You could insert either an ActiveX Calendar control or the ActiveX MS Date
and Time picker, both of which are available off the Control Toolbox toolbar.
Click the More Control button to see a list of ActiveX controls and select
the one you want.

However, you'll have to write some macro code to get the date information
form the calendar object to your worksheet.
--
Kevin Backmann

"Sher" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet and wanted to know is there a way to add a button that
once clicked it opens a calendar that you can select date. I have a start
and end date box.

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

See
http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Sher" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet and wanted to know is there a way to add a button that
once clicked it opens a calendar that you can select date. I have a start
and end date box.

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

VBA code is not necessary. Just right click on the calendar after inserting
it and select properties. In the LinkedCell field put the cell where you
want the date to go.

"Sher" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet and wanted to know is there a way to add a button
that
once clicked it opens a calendar that you can select date. I have a
start
and end date box.

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Great site Ron, and thanks for all the detail information regarding the
Calendar Control. I'll certainly be referencing it in the future.

Thanks again...
--
Kevin Backmann

"Sher" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet and wanted to know is there a way to add a button that
once clicked it opens a calendar that you can select date. I have a start
and end date box.

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Well, the calendar inserts a text field with a date like 10/4/2007. If you
want the date serial number you have to convert it with DATEVALUE. Ron's
way, with code, puts the date serial number in the cell. So I guess it's
what you want the result to be.