Chuck Davis

Default "Find" in workbook

One of our Club members has a workbook with 31 sheets. He has used Merge &
Center in several locations on several sheets. When he searches (Ctrl+F)
words within the Merged cells are never found. I have easily recreated the
situation on a workbook with only three sheets. The words in the merged cells
are not found.

Any solutions?
--
Chuck Davis
Publisher/Editor
Frank Kabel

Hi
easiest solution. Don't use merged cells. They just create to much
problems!

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Chuck Davis" schrieb im
Newsbeitrag ...
One of our Club members has a workbook with 31 sheets. He has used

Merge &
Center in several locations on several sheets. When he searches

(Ctrl+F)
words within the Merged cells are never found. I have easily

recreated the
situation on a workbook with only three sheets. The words in the

merged cells
are not found.

Any solutions?
--
Chuck Davis
Publisher/Editor
Anthem Compendium
Sun City Anthem Computer Club newsletter. Information provided on an

"as is"
basis. You must evaluate its applicability to your particular

situation.

Chuck Davis

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

[...]

Someone else have a solution?

Chuck Davis

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

[...]

.

We tried all three options.

Dave Peterson

Excel's behavior changed from xl97 (which found stuff ok, but had other issues
with merged cells).

I don't know of a work-around.

I do my best to follow Frank's suggestion.