Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Repeat cell data for specific condition

Hello:

I'm certain that this has probably been covered (in one form, or another),
but am under short time constraints, and really can't search (please
excuse....)

I have a table in which I track customer orders.

Column B=Account Code
Column I=Customer Reference #
Column X=Purchase Order #

For a specific account code (D1EFM), the Column X should reflect exactly
what column I states on the same row. I believe that it would be something
like:
if B:B="D1EFM",return value of column I, else leave it blank.

I am unsure of the correct syntax, however, and would appreciate all help!

TIA,
Sandi
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Say that your data starts with row 2. In X2 place the following formula:
=If(B2="D1EFM",I2,"")
Copy this formula all the way down to the last row of your data. HTH Otto
"RUSH2CROCHET" wrote in message
Hello:

I'm certain that this has probably been covered (in one form, or another),
but am under short time constraints, and really can't search (please
excuse....)

I have a table in which I track customer orders.

Column B=Account Code
Column I=Customer Reference #
Column X=Purchase Order #

For a specific account code (D1EFM), the Column X should reflect exactly
what column I states on the same row. I believe that it would be
something
like:
if B:B="D1EFM",return value of column I, else leave it blank.

I am unsure of the correct syntax, however, and would appreciate all help!

TIA,
Sandi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Well Otto: That's what I tried as the syntax yesterday, however, Excel
returns the formula, and not the result. What's going on?

Any ideas?
Thanks!
Sandi

"Otto Moehrbach" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Format cell as general and re-enter the formula (the last is important since
cell format change will not trigger a calculation). You can also check by
hitting ctrl + ` (grave accent on the same key as the tilde) It toggles
view formulas off and on but most likely you have text formatting

Peo Sjoblom