Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formula driving me crazy

For the past two years I have been running metrics on a share drive with the
same simple formula to add up the number of days between two dates and take
out weekends =networkdays(2a,2b) and it works. Recently I got a replacement
laptop and a docking station. Now when I run my macros the column that
provides the answer gives me the "name?" error. So I plug the old desktop
back in and it works fine, plug the laptop in and error. It's the same files.
So I'm thinking maybe this thing doesn't have enough memory or there is
something I have to set up in excel in order for it to read this formula. Any
body got and ideas for this frustrated analyst?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you want to use the NETWORKDAYS function, you must install the
Analysis Tool Pack add-in.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Oct 3, 9:53 pm, RocketMan
wrote:
For the past two years I have been running metrics on a share drive with the
same simple formula to add up the number of days between two dates and take
out weekends =networkdays(2a,2b) and it works. Recently I got a replacement
laptop and a docking station. Now when I run my macros the column that
provides the answer gives me the "name?" error. So I plug the old desktop
back in and it works fine, plug the laptop in and error. It's the same files.
So I'm thinking maybe this thing doesn't have enough memory or there is
something I have to set up in excel in order for it to read this formula. Any
body got and ideas for this frustrated analyst?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Make sure you install ATP (Analysis ToolPak) on your laptop, keep the cd/dvd
handy and click
toolsadd-ins and check Analysis ToolPak

Peo Sjoblom

"RocketMan" wrote in message
For the past two years I have been running metrics on a share drive with
the
same simple formula to add up the number of days between two dates and
take
out weekends =networkdays(2a,2b) and it works. Recently I got a
replacement
laptop and a docking station. Now when I run my macros the column that
provides the answer gives me the "name?" error. So I plug the old desktop
back in and it works fine, plug the laptop in and error. It's the same
files.
So I'm thinking maybe this thing doesn't have enough memory or there is
something I have to set up in excel in order for it to read this formula.
Any
body got and ideas for this frustrated analyst?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

It sounds as though the Analysis Toolpak isn't loaded on the Laptop.
TollsAddinsAnalysis Toolpak check the box

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"RocketMan" wrote in message
For the past two years I have been running metrics on a share drive with
the
same simple formula to add up the number of days between two dates and
take
out weekends =networkdays(2a,2b) and it works. Recently I got a
replacement
laptop and a docking station. Now when I run my macros the column that
provides the answer gives me the "name?" error. So I plug the old desktop
back in and it works fine, plug the laptop in and error. It's the same
files.
So I'm thinking maybe this thing doesn't have enough memory or there is
something I have to set up in excel in order for it to read this formula.
Any
body got and ideas for this frustrated analyst?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The fact that he received the #NAME error is a bit of a give-away !!

Pete

"RocketMan" wrote in message

For the past two years I have been running metrics on a share drive with
the
same simple formula to add up the number of days between two dates and
take
out weekends =networkdays(2a,2b) and it works. Recently I got a
replacement
laptop and a docking station. Now when I run my macros the column that
provides the answer gives me the "name?" error. So I plug the old desktop
back in and it works fine, plug the laptop in and error. It's the same
files.
So I'm thinking maybe this thing doesn't have enough memory or there is
something I have to set up in excel in order for it to read this formula.
Any
body got and ideas for this frustrated analyst?- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Exactly, and if he'd looked it up in Help he would have found the answer.
--
David Biddulph

ps.com...

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Still, he seems happy enough with the answer - though he's replying to
his own post <bg

Pete

On Oct 4, 12:16 am, "David Biddulph" <groups [at] biddulph.org.uk
wrote:
Exactly, and if he'd looked it up in Help he would have found the answer.
--
David Biddulph

ps.com...