Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default I'm sure it must be easy

I have a real simple worksheet that has a list box of 10 items. When I choose
one of the items from the list I want it to auto fill the next cell with a
amount.
If I pick $100 from the dropdown list, I want it to populate the next cell
with 15.
$100 - 15
$200 - 30
$300 - 45
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Brian

If your values are always going to follow that pattern, then with your
dropdown selection in A1, enter in B1
=A1/100*15

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"BrianH" wrote in message
I have a real simple worksheet that has a list box of 10 items. When I
choose
one of the items from the list I want it to auto fill the next cell with a
amount.
If I pick $100 from the dropdown list, I want it to populate the next cell
with 15.
$100 - 15
$200 - 30
$300 - 45

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Let me give some more info. On sheet 2 I have entered 10 items in cells B2 -
B11. I created a list box for them on sheet 1 is cells B2 - B22. This is
whats in my list box.

$65.00 S
$65.00 M
$100.00 M
$125.00 S
$125.00 M
$240.00 S
$350.00S
$350.00 M
$500.00 S
$800.00 M

The S means Single and the M means Muti. So If I chose $500.00 S, I want it
to populate the next cell with the word Single.

"BrianH" wrote:

I have a real simple worksheet that has a list box of 10 items. When I choose
one of the items from the list I want it to auto fill the next cell with a
amount.
If I pick $100 from the dropdown list, I want it to populate the next cell
with 15.
$100 - 15
$200 - 30
$300 - 45

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

That's a different scenario.
Try
=IF(RIGHT(A1)="M","Multi","Single")

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"BrianH" wrote:

I have a real simple worksheet that has a list box of 10 items. When I
choose
one of the items from the list I want it to auto fill the next cell with
amount.
If I pick $100 from the dropdown list, I want it to populate the next
cell
with 15.
$100 - 15
$200 - 30
$300 - 45

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Where would I add that?

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi

That's a different scenario.
Try
=IF(RIGHT(A1)="M","Multi","Single")

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"BrianH" wrote:

I have a real simple worksheet that has a list box of 10 items. When I
choose
one of the items from the list I want it to auto fill the next cell with
amount.
If I pick $100 from the dropdown list, I want it to populate the next
cell
with 15.
$100 - 15
$200 - 30
$300 - 45

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Brian,
Assuming your dropdown list is in A1, then place this formula in B1 and copy
down.

In fact, I should have added a test for the cell in column A being null (not
yet populated)

=IF(A1="","",=IF(RIGHT(A1)="M","Multi","Single"))

When you select $65.00 M in A1 of your sheet, B1 will show M
--
Regards
Roger Govier

"BrianH" wrote in message