Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Conditional Format A Cell If Row Is Blank

I would like to have cell A2 with a red font if the rest of the row is blank.
If anything is entered in any other cell I want it to return to the
black(auto) font setting. I have tried several formulas and can onlt get it
to work if cell A3 gets data entered.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bj bj is offline

I assume you are using conditional formatting
try equation is counta(B2:IV2)1

"Railrd" wrote:

I would like to have cell A2 with a red font if the rest of the row is blank.
If anything is entered in any other cell I want it to return to the
black(auto) font setting. I have tried several formulas and can onlt get it
to work if cell A3 gets data entered.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you really want A2 to be red font if the rest of row 2 is blank then
use "Formula is" =COUNTA($B$2:$IV$2)=0 and set red font. That's all you
need. The "Auto Black" is the default, and you don't need to mess with it.