wsoung

Default conditional formating for a blank cell

i'm trying to do the following conditional formatting:

if the date in the cell is less than TODAY(), make the cell red.

if the cell is blank, leave the cell blank with white shading.

i've tried the following:
cell value is equal to =""
cell value is equal to ""
formula is =AND(E8="",E8<TODAY())
and some others that i can't remember at the moment.

i've searched this forum and tried all the ideas i could find. anyone have
any other ideas?

wsoung

Sorry, here's some clarification.

I currently have the first conditional working (if the date in the cell is
less than TODAY(), make the cell red.), but it turns all the cells red,
including the blanks ones.

The conditionals below were my attempts at making the blank cells white.

I need help turning the red cells to white if the cell is blank.

"Jason Morin" wrote:

=E8<TODAY()

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

i'm trying to do the following conditional formatting:

if the date in the cell is less than TODAY(), make the

cell red.

if the cell is blank, leave the cell blank with white

shading.

i've tried the following:
cell value is equal to =""
cell value is equal to ""
formula is =AND(E8="",E8<TODAY())
and some others that i can't remember at the moment.

i've searched this forum and tried all the ideas i could

find. anyone have
any other ideas?
.

Kamal

Try this.

If cell A1 is blank or say cell A65000 is blank

In conditional Formatting dialogue box say

the formula is "=A1" or "=A65000"
do formatting the way you want

Kamal

"wsoung" wrote:

Sorry, here's some clarification.

I currently have the first conditional working (if the date in the cell is
less than TODAY(), make the cell red.), but it turns all the cells red,
including the blanks ones.

The conditionals below were my attempts at making the blank cells white.

I need help turning the red cells to white if the cell is blank.

"Jason Morin" wrote:

=E8<TODAY()

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

i'm trying to do the following conditional formatting:

if the date in the cell is less than TODAY(), make the

cell red.

if the cell is blank, leave the cell blank with white

shading.

i've tried the following:
cell value is equal to =""
cell value is equal to ""
formula is =AND(E8="",E8<TODAY())
and some others that i can't remember at the moment.

i've searched this forum and tried all the ideas i could

find. anyone have
any other ideas?
.

Bob Phillips

Test for blank for, and <TODAY() second.

--

HTH

RP

"wsoung" wrote in message
Sorry, here's some clarification.

I currently have the first conditional working (if the date in the cell is
less than TODAY(), make the cell red.), but it turns all the cells red,
including the blanks ones.

The conditionals below were my attempts at making the blank cells white.

I need help turning the red cells to white if the cell is blank.

"Jason Morin" wrote:

=E8<TODAY()

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

i'm trying to do the following conditional formatting:

if the date in the cell is less than TODAY(), make the

cell red.

if the cell is blank, leave the cell blank with white

shading.

i've tried the following:
cell value is equal to =""
cell value is equal to ""
formula is =AND(E8="",E8<TODAY())
and some others that i can't remember at the moment.

i've searched this forum and tried all the ideas i could

find. anyone have
any other ideas?
.

plumstone

All you need is one condition:
Cell Value Is Less than =TODAY()
Then it will turn any day less than today's date as red, but leave the blank
cell and the date after today's date white.