Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ash ash is offline

Default Conditional Formatting - Is this possible?

Is it possible to use conditional formatting for more than one set value?

For example, if a cell has a value of either 01,02,03,04,05,96,97,98, or 99,
I want to highlight the cell. I've searched the help function and the
website and don't see anything that specifically addresses this question.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In the Conditional Formatting dialog
Formula Is; =OR(A1=01,A1=02,A1=03,A1=04.......,A1=98,A1=99)
Format - give cell the needed colour
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Ash" wrote in message
Is it possible to use conditional formatting for more than one set value?

For example, if a cell has a value of either 01,02,03,04,05,96,97,98, or
99,
I want to highlight the cell. I've searched the help function and the
website and don't see anything that specifically addresses this question.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Goto Format--conditional formatting

Select 'Formula Is'

and enter this formula

=IF(OR(C29=1,C29=2),1,0)

Make suitable changes to suit your requirements

HTH,
--
Pranav Vaidya
VBA Developer

"Ash" wrote:

Is it possible to use conditional formatting for more than one set value?

For example, if a cell has a value of either 01,02,03,04,05,96,97,98, or 99,
I want to highlight the cell. I've searched the help function and the
website and don't see anything that specifically addresses this question.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Conditional format the cell using formula is and then you wnat samething
like...
=NOT(ISNA(MATCH(A1, {1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,95,96,97,98,99},FALSE )))

That formula checks the value of cell A1 against the numbers indicated.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Ash" wrote:

Is it possible to use conditional formatting for more than one set value?

For example, if a cell has a value of either 01,02,03,04,05,96,97,98, or 99,
I want to highlight the cell. I've searched the help function and the
website and don't see anything that specifically addresses this question.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

One way:

CF1: Formula is =OR(AND(A1=1,A1<=6),AND(A1=96,A1<=99))
Format1: <format

In article ,
Ash wrote:

Is it possible to use conditional formatting for more than one set value?

For example, if a cell has a value of either 01,02,03,04,05,96,97,98, or 99,
I want to highlight the cell. I've searched the help function and the
website and don't see anything that specifically addresses this question.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

No real need for the If. OR will evaluate to true or false...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Ash" wrote:

Is it possible to use conditional formatting for more than one set value?

For example, if a cell has a value of either 01,02,03,04,05,96,97,98, or 99,
I want to highlight the cell. I've searched the help function and the
website and don't see anything that specifically addresses this question.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ash ash is offline

I entered

=OR(M3=1,M3=2,M3=3,M3=4,M3=5,M3=96,M3=97,M3=98,M3= 99)

but it didn't work. I'm in the process of trying some of the other
suggestions as well.

Thanks for your help.

"Ash" wrote in message
Is it possible to use conditional formatting for more than one set value?

For example, if a cell has a value of either 01,02,03,04,05,96,97,98, or
99,
I want to highlight the cell. I've searched the help function and the
website and don't see anything that specifically addresses this question.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ash ash is offline

I tried

=NOT(ISNA(MATCH(M3, {1,2,3,4,5,95,96,97,98,99},FALSE )))

and got the following error:

You may not use unions, intersections, or array constants for Conditional
Formatting criteria.

I'm trying some of the other suggestions as well.

Thank you for your help.

"Ash" wrote:

Is it possible to use conditional formatting for more than one set value?

For example, if a cell has a value of either 01,02,03,04,05,96,97,98, or 99,
I want to highlight the cell. I've searched the help function and the
website and don't see anything that specifically addresses this question.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ash ash is offline

I've noticed most of the responses give the formatting criteria for a single
cell reference. Is it possible to do it for the entire column?

Thanks a bunch!

"Ash" wrote:

Is it possible to use conditional formatting for more than one set value?

For example, if a cell has a value of either 01,02,03,04,05,96,97,98, or 99,
I want to highlight the cell. I've searched the help function and the
website and don't see anything that specifically addresses this question.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ash ash is offline

Thank you. This formula worked when I used it on a single cell. Is there a
way to apply it to an entire column?

Ash wrote:

Is it possible to use conditional formatting for more than one set value?

For example, if a cell has a value of either 01,02,03,04,05,96,97,98, or 99,
I want to highlight the cell. I've searched the help function and the
website and don't see anything that specifically addresses this question.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Check if the values are text, =ISTEXT(M3)
if they are replace 1 with "01" and so on

I mean this is not a complicated solution

Peo Sjoblom

"Ash" wrote in message
Is it possible to use conditional formatting for more than one set
value?

For example, if a cell has a value of either 01,02,03,04,05,96,97,98,
or
99,
I want to highlight the cell. I've searched the help function and the
website and don't see anything that specifically addresses this
question.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you select the whole range starting with A1 the format will be applied
accordingly, note that A1 needs to be the active cell

replace A1 with the first cell in the range you want to test

Peo Sjoblom

"Ash" wrote:

Is it possible to use conditional formatting for more than one set value?

For example, if a cell has a value of either 01,02,03,04,05,96,97,98, or
99,
I want to highlight the cell. I've searched the help function and the
website and don't see anything that specifically addresses this question.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ash ash is offline

Bernard, I'm sorry,when I tried the formula on the single cell it did work.

Thank you.

The first time I had the whole column selected as I'm trying to apply the
format to several rows.