Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default convert to text problem

I have two long columns of numbers...One formatted as currency...And one as
number with the 'thousand's' separating comma. I need to convert these both
to 'numbers as text'...but I can not figure out how to keep the dollar signs
and the commas...which I need ?

How would I take a column of about 3,000 entries formatted as currency (
$230,545 ) and convert it to 'text as number' while keeping the $ and , in
the final number ? Everything I have tried in the 'numbers to text'
function removes the $ & ,

Thanks, Tim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Tue, 2 Oct 2007 10:27:35 -0700, "Tim" wrote:

I have two long columns of numbers...One formatted as currency...And one as
number with the 'thousand's' separating comma. I need to convert these both
to 'numbers as text'...but I can not figure out how to keep the dollar signs
and the commas...which I need ?

How would I take a column of about 3,000 entries formatted as currency (
$230,545 ) and convert it to 'text as number' while keeping the $ and , in
the final number ? Everything I have tried in the 'numbers to text'
function removes the $ & ,

Thanks, Tim

=TEXT(A1,"$#,##0.00")
--ron