Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Inserting Picture From File

Hi,

I have a user trying to insert a relatively ordinary jpeg file into Excel, when she does so all she sees is an outline of the image size. The only way to actually see the image is to right-click on it and select "Format Picture" and selecting "Reset" from the picture tab. This happens with any jpeg image regardless of file-size.

Inserting the same image into Word works fine - I do not have this problem inserting these files into Excel on my PC.

All are using the same version, 2003 with the same SP version.

Many thanks in advance.

Mike
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

Could be she is checking the "display as icon" box during the import procedure.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Mike Goodson" wrote:

Hi,

I have a user trying to insert a relatively ordinary jpeg file into Excel, when she does so all she sees is an outline of the image size. The only way to actually see the image is to right-click on it and select "Format Picture" and selecting "Reset" from the picture tab. This happens with any jpeg image regardless of file-size.

Inserting the same image into Word works fine - I do not have this problem inserting these files into Excel on my PC.

All are using the same version, 2003 with the same SP version.

Many thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I cannot see any way you can do this. All we do, and I have tried the
procedure myself, is open Excel, select Insert Picture From File and
browse to the jpeg and click on Insert. On other PC's the procedure works,
on her PC it doesn't.

"Mike Goodson" wrote:

Hi,

I have a user trying to insert a relatively ordinary jpeg file into
Excel, when she does so all she sees is an outline of the image size. The
only way to actually see the image is to right-click on it and select
"Format Picture" and selecting "Reset" from the picture tab. This happens
with any jpeg image regardless of file-size.

Inserting the same image into Word works fine - I do not have this
problem inserting these files into Excel on my PC.

All are using the same version, 2003 with the same SP version.

Many thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

See if the "Image control" is set to :Automatic" on the PictureTab of the
Format option......where you are doing the "Reset"

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3