Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default List Validation Based on another sheet

I have been having a lot of problems with this, and maybe its the way I am
expaling it so I will try to be clear.

I have a workbook with two sheets. All cells in cloumn A in sheet1 have a
list validation box. Sheet 2 column A has Repair Descriptions column B has
the repair code. When I click on the list validation I want it to show the
list from column a sheet 2. I will then pick from that list, based on that
choice it populates this same cell with column b of sheet 2, not the choice I
made from the list. I do not want to use multiple cells to do this. I only
want to use the one column to pick this. Everyone seems to refer me to
contextures website. This does not contain the answer I am looking for. I
dont want to use two diffrent list validations in two diffrent cells example
below:

Sheet 1 A1 click is showing list from column A of sheet 2
I select the 3rd choice down
Sheet 1 A1 is populated with the data in b3 sheet 2 NOT: a3 sheet 2

is this possible. If not how can I do this. I would prefer not to make a
list choice in column a and then do a vlookup in column b. PLEASE HELP ME
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Everyone seems to refer me to contextures website.
This does not contain the answer I am looking for.

Yes it does!

http://contextures.com/excelfiles.html#DataVal

Look for:

DV0004 - Data Validation Change -- Select a Product from the Data Validation
list; an event procedure changes the product name to a product code.

There is a downloadable sample file that does exactly what you want. This
requires VBA code.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP