Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pivot Table Data columns

I recently created a pivot table with two fields in the ROW section and I put
five (5)fields in the DATA column.

The problem is that all the five fields in the data section were put in one
single column as rows.

What can I do if I want 5 columns to show up in the DATA section. My final
goal is to show 12 columns in the DATA section for the 12 months of the year.

Can somebody help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I am completely lost. Post some details, specifically what does your source
data look like and what does your pivot table look like... Copy and paste if
that is feasable...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Pele" wrote:

I recently created a pivot table with two fields in the ROW section and I put
five (5)fields in the DATA column.

The problem is that all the five fields in the data section were put in one
single column as rows.

What can I do if I want 5 columns to show up in the DATA section. My final
goal is to show 12 columns in the DATA section for the 12 months of the year.

Can somebody help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Drag the Data button onto the Total cell, as described he

Pele wrote:
I recently created a pivot table with two fields in the ROW section and I put
five (5)fields in the DATA column.

The problem is that all the five fields in the data section were put in one
single column as rows.

What can I do if I want 5 columns to show up in the DATA section. My final
goal is to show 12 columns in the DATA section for the 12 months of the year.

Can somebody help.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures