Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Personal.xls does not open automatically (Excel 2002)

Hello, Excel 2002 won't open my personal.xls if I launch excel by
double-clicking on any excel document. If I start Excel by itself (using the
Start menu shorcut), the Personal.xls is loaded properly.

I have tried the following:

- Located all copies of Personal.xls in my hard drive. Found only one in my
hard drive located in C:\Documents and Settings\xxxx\Application
Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART\Personal.xls

1) Opened an excel document
2) Window-Unhide is greyed out
3) alt-f11 to open VBA
4) ctrl-g to open inmediate window
5) ?application.startuppath shows:
C:\Documents and Settings\xxxx\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART
6) Tools-Options (in Excel) under the "General" tab shows that "At startup,
open all files in:" is blank
7) Help-about-Disabled Items does not list anything

If I launch Excel by itself and then open any document, the personal.xls
file is loaded and all the macros in it are working

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Hector

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This is not usual behavior.

Maybe excel is confused and is starting in safe or automatic mode?

This is a complete guess, but shouldn't hurt if it doesn't work:

Close Excel and
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /unregserver
then