Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default unable to open Format - Cells

A travel form was created and in a few of the cells when a number is entered
a date appears. I know how to format dates to currency and all that. My
problem is that when I am in the cell that needs to be reformatted and I go
to the Format menu, when I click Cells, nothing happens. The box doesnt even
open. The worksheet is not protected and I cannot (obviously) see if the
cells are locked or not. Any suggestions? There is no password required to
open or modify the worksheet. Thanks, Nancy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The only time I've seen this is when the original workbook was created in a
different program--crystal reports or Lotus 123. (I never used QPro.)

I included a few "sacrificial" cells in my selection, made my changes to all of
them.

Then went back and fixed the sacrificial cells to the way they were supposed to
be. (I included a cell way out of the way of where the data really is.)

--

Dave Peterson