Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Unable to open

Hi all,

I have a excel file that is refusing to open and save with macros enabled,
all other of my files will open but this one will only open (not save) when
macros are disabled, I'm using Windows XP Excel 2003 on a IBM computer. Any
help would be greatly appreicated.

JUason
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Jason,

Try to lower the security level to Medium or Low, if you are sure the file
doesn't contain any virus.

Tools/Options/Security/Macro Security

Do this from a blank sheet, and open your file from this one.

--
~roar

Jason Zischke skrev:

Hi all,

I have a excel file that is refusing to open and save with macros enabled,
all other of my files will open but this one will only open (not save) when
macros are disabled, I'm using Windows XP Excel 2003 on a IBM computer. Any
help would be greatly appreicated.

JUason

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Roar

Thanks for your responce, I gave that a go changing it from medium to low
and it does the same as enabling macros it begins to open then shuts excel
down.

Jason

Jason Zischke skrev:

Hi all,

I have a excel file that is refusing to open and save with macros enabled,
all other of my files will open but this one will only open (not save) when
macros are disabled, I'm using Windows XP Excel 2003 on a IBM computer. Any
help would be greatly appreicated.

JUason

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Jason,
It seems that the macro itself causes the closing. It may e.g. contain a
"workbook_open"- command that is impossible to execute on your computer.
Should you have stored another file in the same folder?

I sometimes experience problems when different versions of Excel/Vb.

You may save a worksheet to an earlier version (save as type), and try to
open from there, or you may ask the creator to save the file in your version
of Excel.

I have no more suggestions, good luck!

--
~roar