Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Contains External Data !

Hello,
I have a workbook and I made a copy of that work book and want make some
changes in Copy Work Book but when I am clicking Save this message is coming
out that :
This work book Contains External Data, Do you want microsoft office excel to
clear the data before saving the template, and then automatically refresh
the data whenever the template is opened ?

How can i remove this link or can solve this problam ?

Thanks in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can click on EDIT in the menu and select LINKS.

You can then see what files you're linked to. You can break the link here.

Or you can use the FIND function to locate '[ which designates the file the
data is linked to. AFter typing '[ click the FIND ALL command button and a
list will be produced indicate all the cell containing link formulas

--
Kevin Backmann

"Tufail" wrote:

Hello,
I have a workbook and I made a copy of that work book and want make some
changes in Copy Work Book but when I am clicking Save this message is coming
out that :
This work book Contains External Data, Do you want microsoft office excel to
clear the data before saving the template, and then automatically refresh
the data whenever the template is opened ?

How can i remove this link or can solve this problam ?

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Links can be a right pain to locate. They can be in named ranges or any sheet
or... Here is a link to a great utility for finding links. Download the
FindLinks zip file and you should be good to go...

http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson