Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Visible Data

Is the following possible?

When I type data into a cell, I would like anything that is typed in
brackets () to be excluded when referenced by another cell. The data in the
original cell would be variable.

ie A1 = I would like (to exclude the data in brackets) when referenced in
cell A2
A2 = I would like when referenced in cell A2
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Maybe something like this.

Assuming there is always a set of ( ) in the referenced cell.

=LEFT(A1,FIND("(",A1)-2)&MID(A1,FIND(")",A1)+1,255)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"I think I need to rephrase the question"
osoft.com wrote in
message ...
Is the following possible?

When I type data into a cell, I would like anything that is typed in
brackets () to be excluded when referenced by another cell. The data in
the
original cell would be variable.

ie A1 = I would like (to exclude the data in brackets) when referenced in
cell A2
A2 = I would like when referenced in cell A2

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

255 is an arbitrary large number that pretty much guarantees all the
remaining text will be returned.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP