Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Visible Data

255 is an arbitrary large number that pretty much guarantees all the
remaining text will be returned.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Wondering" wrote in message
et...
Why 255? The amount of data should be based on the length of the data in
the cell.

"T. Valko" wrote in message
Maybe something like this.

Assuming there is always a set of ( ) in the referenced cell.

=LEFT(A1,FIND("(",A1)-2)&MID(A1,FIND(")",A1)+1,255)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"I think I need to rephrase the question"
osoft.com wrote in
message ...
Is the following possible?

When I type data into a cell, I would like anything that is typed in
brackets () to be excluded when referenced by another cell. The data in
the
original cell would be variable.

ie A1 = I would like (to exclude the data in brackets) when referenced
in
cell A2
A2 = I would like when referenced in cell A2