Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I get a check mark into an excel documents

Can anyone tell me how I can get a check mark to use in my excel documents?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Insert ,Symbol, FONT=Wingdings 2, character 80,

marlenemac wrote:

Can anyone tell me how I can get a check mark to use in my excel documents?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Can anyone tell me how I can get a check mark to use in my excel
documents?

One way:

- hold down the Alt key while typing the digits 0214 on the
numeric keypad

- select the character that showed up and change it to the Symbol font.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Can anyone tell me how I can get a check mark to use in my excel
documents?

For a different-looking check mark: type lower case a and change it to
Marlett font.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you very much.

marlenemac wrote:

Can anyone tell me how I can get a check mark to use in my excel documents?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you very much. Neat check marks.

My secret: it's handy to keep around a character map spreadsheet for
finding different symbols; it's easier than searching the Windows
"character map" dialog box.

In A1:A255 put
=ROW()
and use the custom format:
"Alt-"0000
This tells what combination to key in.

In B1:J255 put
=CHAR(ROW())
Change each column B:J to a different font; I have Arial Black, Marlett,
Ismar, Webdings, Symbol, Wingdings, Wingdings 2, Wingdings 3, Mini Pics
Digidings.

I hide rows that aren't useful. Below 33, the only useful ones are likely
09 tab
10 line feed
13 carriage return
32 space