Old September 26th 07, 01:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Changing % to whole numbers

I have a number of very large spreadsheets all with percentages. I want to
change the cells from % to whole numbers. I did this the other day and it was
obviously something very simple (for me it has to be simple) but for some
reason I have gone completely brain dead and can't remember what I did.

My example is, say 12%.
When I change it to the number format I get 0.12. Obviously if I take away
the 2 decimal places I end up with 0. I want to end up with the number
displayed as 12.

Thanks in advance.

Old September 26th 07, 01:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this:

Put 100 in a blank cell and format that cell the way you want the converted
numbers to display (eg Number, 0 decimal places)

Copy the cell

Select the range of percent cells

<edit<paste special....Check: Multiply......Click [OK]
<edit<paste special....Check: Formats......Click [OK]

Does that help?
--------------------------

Regards,

Ron (XL2003, Win XP)
Microsoft MVP (Excel)

Old September 26th 07, 01:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Lynda,

Put 100 in an empty cell and copy that cell. Select all your percentages and
then

Edit|Paste Special|Multiplt and click OK.
Delete the cell with 100 in

Mike

Old September 26th 07, 01:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Several different ways. One way:
for no decimals:
=TEXT(A2*100,"0")
for decimals:
=TEXT(A2*100,"0.00")

Another way:
Enter 100 into a blank cell somewhere
Select the cell and copy it
Select the range containing the percentages
Edit--Paste Special
Under operation, select Multiply
Click OK

Old September 26th 07, 01:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

One way
Sub makepercentwhole()
For Each c In Range("i3:i14")
If IsNumeric(c) Then c.Value = c * 100