Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Named Range Question.

I have an amortization template that I downloaded some time ago. It has
numerous named cells and named ranges. Is there any way other than
individually converting the named cell(s) to their respective absolute
references? Thanks,
Glen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this,

Go to: Tools|Options, then check the box "Formulas" under tab "View"

That will show cells with defined name formulas.

I hope that is what you want.

"LuftRider" wrote:

I have an amortization template that I downloaded some time ago. It has
numerous named cells and named ranges. Is there any way other than
individually converting the named cell(s) to their respective absolute
references? Thanks,
Glen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'd do this against a copy of the file...

Jim Rech posted a nice response at:
http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...%40tkmsftngp03

From: Jim Rech )
Subject: Can I "De-Name" Formula Cell References?
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.excel.misc, microsoft.public.excel
Date: 2001-02-16 13:32:51 PST

To do it to a cell or two first turn on Transition Formula Entry under
Tools, Options, Transition. Then go to the cell and press F2 and Enter.
When you turn off TFE the formula references should be de-named.

If you have a lot of cells to de-name select the range and run this macro:

Sub Dename()
Dim Cell As Range
ActiveSheet.TransitionFormEntry = True
For Each Cell In Selection.SpecialCells(xlFormulas)
Cell.Formula = Cell.Formula
Next
ActiveSheet.TransitionFormEntry = False

Jim Rech
Excel MVP

====
Be aware that any reference to those names in your code will be broken.

LuftRider wrote:

I have an amortization template that I downloaded some time ago. It has
numerous named cells and named ranges. Is there any way other than
individually converting the named cell(s) to their respective absolute
references? Thanks,
Glen

Dave Peterson