Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2003 Toolbar

Hi,

I wonder if someone can help? I have a user running Excel 2003 that wants to add some additional buttons to her toolbar. You can easily go to View Toolbars Customize and dragging/dropping them on to the Toolbars but when you close/reopen Excel they have disappeared!

When I try the same on my PC running the same Office version I have no problems at all - just wondered if there was some obscure setting somewhere causing this problem?

Regards and thanks
Mike
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Mike

Maybe there is a add-in that reset the other user his toolbars with code when he open Excel.
Uncheck the add-ins or remove all files from the Xlstart folder and see if you have the same problem.

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Mike Goodson" wrote in message ...
Hi,

I wonder if someone can help? I have a user running Excel 2003 that wants to add some additional buttons to her toolbar. You can easily go to View Toolbars Customize and dragging/dropping them on to the Toolbars but when you close/reopen Excel they have disappeared!

When I try the same on my PC running the same Office version I have no problems at all - just wondered if there was some obscure setting somewhere causing this problem?

Regards and thanks
Mike
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ron,

You know I had already checked the XLStart directory in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11.......... but after seeing your message I routed around the profile of the user and found another XLStart directory but this time under Application Data\Microsoft\Excel and sure enough there was a "dodgy" Excel add-in that once removed, sorted the problem.

Many thanks
Mike

Ron de 24.09.2007 17:38