Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default text to splitted and to be palced in appropriate column

1. susan/maen villa/washington-dc/us/234454
2.ameer/bigstrret/india/89787
3.vihas/mumbai/india/355345

These are the texts with 1. name/street/city/country/zipcode
2.name/street/country/code
3.name/city/country/cose

Actually I need to spilit those texts and to be placed in appropriate column.

Note:I have the predetermined lists of street/city/country/code.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You should ensure that you have blank columns to the right of your
data by inserting new columns if necessary. Highlight the column with
the data in and do Data | Text-to-columns. The Wizard will guide you
through - set delimited and "/" as the delimiter (without quotes).
Note that the data will not always go into the correct column, so you
may need to do some further manipulation by inserting cells to move
the data across.

Hope this helps.

Pete