Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Convert

How do I convert a cell showing 2.97 into 3 hours and 37 minutes and place 3
in one column and 37 in the other column...make sense???
--
Dallas
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=(INT(H20)+MOD(H20,1)/0.6)/24

Format as time.

Out of curiosity What are you doing?

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"Dallas Colt" wrote in message
How do I convert a cell showing 2.97 into 3 hours and 37 minutes and place
3
in one column and 37 in the other column...make sense???
--
Dallas

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

aghhh...I just figured that out, thank you. How do I take the single cell
and transfer it into Hours in one cell and minutes in the other for 2.58??
Again, thank you for your help. We have a time sheet that doesn't export it
into hours and minutes.
--
Dallas

"jhyatt" wrote:

where is 2.97 coming from decimel time time would put that at 2 hours 58 mins

"Dallas Colt" wrote:

How do I convert a cell showing 2.97 into 3 hours and 37 minutes and place 3
in one column and 37 in the other column...make sense???
--
Dallas

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 13:28:28 -0700, Dallas Colt
wrote:

How do I convert a cell showing 2.97 into 3 hours and 37 minutes and place 3
in one column and 37 in the other column...make sense???

A1: 2.97

If you have the ATP (analysis tool pak) installed:

=INT(DOLLARDE(A1,60)) -- 3
=MOD(DOLLARDE(A1,60),1)*60 -- 37

If you don't, then:

=INT(INT(A1)+MOD(A1,1)/0.6) -- 3
=MOD(INT(A1)+MOD(A1,1)/0.6,1)*60 -- 37

--ron
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hours: =INT(INT(H20)+MOD(H20,1)/0.6)/24

Minutes: =MOD(MOD(H2:H20,1)/0.6,1)/24

This will return 3:00 and 0:37 respectively

If you want the hours and minutes as dicimal figures then do not divide by
24 and format as General or Number but that may give you problems lated if
you are adding up the minutes.

--

"Dallas Colt" wrote:

How do I convert a cell showing 2.97 into 3 hours and 37 minutes and
place 3
in one column and 37 in the other column...make sense???
--
Dallas

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 08:08:32 +0100, "David Biddulph" <groups [at]
biddulph.org.uk wrote:

=INT(A1) for the hours
=MOD(A1,1)*60 for the minutes.

That does not give what the OP requested:

OP 2.97-- 3hrs 37 min

DB 2.97-- 2hrs 58.2 min
--ron

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 12:20:56 +0100, "David Biddulph" <groups [at]
biddulph.org.uk wrote:

You snipped from my message the part where the OP realised that his 3:37 was
wrong and that he wanted 2:58.

Ah Ha!

That message of the OP did not come through on my newsreader until after I had
posted my message back to you.

From his original, I thought the decimal was separating hours and minutes;
rather than hours and fraction of hour.
--ron